Today I have yet another Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookie recipe for you. A couple of weeks ago I made PB CC Pretzel Cookies, but my Husband took them all and I was sad and craving them. I just love the combination of peanut butter and pretzels, and of course chocolate. So this past weekend I whipped up a healthier version of the original recipe.
These cookies aren’t only healthier, but they are also gluten-free. I had a bag of Glutino Gluten Free Pretzels that Udi’s Gluten Free sent me, and I thought the pretzels would be good in these cookies. I was right! I never had these kind of pretzels before and let me tell you they are crunchy, super crunchy! I don’t think I ever had a pretzel with such a crunch! I like them! I also really, really like them in these cookies. When I take a bite of the cookie, I actually still get a nice crunch sound, so they are soooo perfect for recipes that you bake pretzels in.
This recipe is based on my 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies, but just using 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 egg and then I mixed in some mini chocolate chips and of course pretzels. These cookies are mighty delish! They are crunchy and chewy, and perfect for freezing. As you can tell I really love freezing my cookies. Not only do they stay fresh longer, but they are out of sight, so I don’t keep eating them! Though I did have my fair share of them. Probably to many of them. Thank goodness this recipe only makes 32 cookies. 32 thick, delicious, chocolaty, peanut buttery cookies. I am sooooooo drooling right now. Must be good, must finish my post before I reach for a cookie!
When baking these cookies, I did find they were a little soft, but don’t worry they do harden up a bit once they cooled. I also found the batter to be a little crumbly, however that really doesn’t matter. Just grab some of the batter and squeeze and mold into a dough ball. I gently pressed the cookies down with my fork to make the traditional peanut butter cookie crisscross, but don’t press to hard, you don’t want the cookie to crumble.
A gluten free, crispy, chewy, sweet and savory peanut butter cookie chock full of pretzels and chocolate chips.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup Presweet Tagatose or Sugar
- 1/4 cup egg substitute or 1 Egg
- 1/3 (28 oz) cup pretzels, crushed (I used Glutino Gluten Free)
- 5 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line two baking sheet with parchment paper; set a side
- In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon, beat together the peanut butter, Presweet Tagatose or Sugar until creamy. Beat in the egg. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in pretzels and chocolate chips
- Roll cookies into tight balls and place about 1" - 2" apart on baking sheet. The cookies don't spread to much so the cookies can be semi close together. Gently flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork.
- Bake for 7 - 10 minutes, until lightly golden. Once done, leave on cookie sheet to cool for two minutes and place on cooling rack.
Calories per cookie using Presweet Tagatose: 74.7, Fat: 4.5, Cholesterol: 0, Sodium: 28, Potassium: 2.9, Carbs: 9.9, Fiber: .06, Sugar: 1.8, Protein: 2.5
Calories per cookie using Sugar: 89.5, Fat: 4.5, Cholesterol: 0, Sodium: 28, Potassium: 2.9, Carbs: 10.2, Fiber: .06, Sugar: 8.8, Protein: 2.5
I don’t know what it is, but I have been on a major peanut butter kick. I tend to go through this every few months. It’s like I can’t get enough of it!!! But I am sure peanut butter lovers understand that!! Darn that Peanut Butter, why must I love you so much?
Dam, now I need to make another PB recipe! :)
Well my Friends have a great day!