Today’s post is a giveaway to new online website and app for My FitU. This is a program created by Celebrity Personal Fitness Trainer Daniel Meng. Daniel is a 13 years certified personal trainer to celebrities like Kenny Chesney, Rascal Flatts’ Jay DeMarcus, Jake Owen, ESPN College Gameday analyst Kirk Herbstreit. I was given the opportunity from Mamavation to try this new fitness website and app for two weeks to see how I liked it. Well, I like it! I followed the program to the “T” for the two weeks and I lost two pounds. Woohoo! That’s progress since I was on a major plateau forever!!!
The program starts you out by entering in your goals. I was put on a 1200 calorie a day diet and given exercises to achieve my goals. Then everyday it asks how long you slept and what your stress level is for the day. I’m not sure how that incorporates into the program, but my guess is that it’s so you are aware of sleep patterns and stress patterns. Once I enter that information in, it shows me my days of exercise that I have ahead of me. I have two days cardio and three days strength training. The cardio was my choice for 30 minutes of any exercise, like the treadmill, classes, kickboxing ect… Daniel provided the strength training exercises to meet my needs to what I had available and if there was an exercise I didn’t like, I could swap it out to one I did like, that worked for that particular body part.
What I liked was that there are videos to show you how to do the exercises in proper form. I hate when you have to do an exercise and you’re not sure how to do it, so the videos are perfect! I also downloaded the app so I could take it with me to the gym. That way I could use the strength machines, hand weights or my own body strength. There are no excuses when it comes to not having the right equipment, you use what you have on hand. Another nice feature is that it also shows you safety, so you can do the exercises properly. Nothing worse than working out and hurting yourself.
Another part of the program is the diet/nutrition portion. Daniel teamed up with Eating Well Magazine to provide you with the proper nutrition and recipes, so you don’t have to worry about what you have to eat. If you follow the eating plan, it will give you the days recipes and the calories will equal up to what you need to eat, to meet your calorie goal. I love this part of the app. There are pictures of the meals and the recipes which makes it easy for shopping. When you’re at the store and you want to make say a chicken dish, the recipe is right there so you can get the needed ingredients.
Here is some more information about “My FitU”.
What is My FitU™?
- Created by one of the nation’s most successful fitness coaches and trainer to the stars, Daniel Meng
- A unique application that acts as a personal trainer, healthful eating mentor and weight loss coach all in one
- Gives its members 24/7 access to Meng and his exclusive, cutting edge coaching services, no matter the time or place – just like having Daniel right by your side.
How does My FitU work?
- Members fill out their profiles and answer questions about goals and schedules.
- Daniel draws upon his most effective exercises, workouts and healthful eating recommendations.
- My FitU delivers a custom fitness program organized into a weekly calendar, which changes with each member, monitors and updates progress and motivates to achieve new levels of each program.
How much does My FitU cost?
- Members have the option of choosing their membership type
- Monthly membership (four weeks) = $20 per month
- Three months (12 weeks) = $54
- Six months (26 weeks) = $104
- One year (52 weeks) = $182, best value
- My FitU offers a FREE two-week trial – no credit card required
What does a My FitU membership include?
- Access to hundreds of high-quality HD exercise videos with audio instruction
- Personalized fitness calendar and schedule
- Exercises tailored into 30- to 40-minute workouts, designed for maximum benefit
- Workout plans by day and goal
- Workout tips to ensure safety and efficiency
- iPhone application
- Personalized meal plans and grocery lists from Eating Well™
- Access to hundreds of healthy recipes
- Progress tracking
- Daily health tips
- Social sharing of progress
- Customizable profile page design with motivational quotes
- Fitness equipment recommendations
- Safety videos
- “Swap Exercise” feature allowing members to further customize their program
- Daniel’s blog
What are the differences between My FitU and other weight loss/fitness programs?
- Unlike other fitness and weight loss programs, My FitU is for the everyday man or woman. Workouts are tailored to fit each individual’s lifestyle, whether beginner or advanced. Most other fitness programs are designed for those wanting extreme fitness or extreme weight loss. This program focuses on the vast majority of people that simply want to lead a healthy lifestyle through consistent exercise and nutrition, feel better about themselves and maintain it in a way that is achievable.
- My FitU offers unique safety videos, focusing on safety first.
- 60% of first-time exercisers and those who haven’t exercised in a long time injure themselves within the first month of starting a new workout program.
- My FitU is affordable. My FitU costs a fraction of the price of a personal trainer and less per month than most current popular fitness programs.
- My FitU is educational. Members are taught to eat right and build habits for a healthy life.
- My FitU is simple. Members are provided with step-by-step visual, audio and written instructions.
My FitU is convenient. Members have access to an iPhone application and online account, so they can have access to Daniel no matter where they are.
I really do enjoy working with this program because it grows with my goals, so when I get stronger and better, so does the workout, that way I never plateau. I also love that I can take it with me anywhere I go and if I don’t have access to equipment, I can swap out the exercises for ones that use body strength. I haven’t used any online workout programs before, but I have to say I am impressed and I am so thrilled to actually lose weight from it. I signed up for this workout program for a year and I can’t wait to see what kind of shape I will be in by the end of summer. If you want to give it a try, they do offer a trail period so you can see what it is all about and if the program will work for you. Just go to My FitU and sign up.
For today’s giveaway: I am giving away a one year subscription to My FitU a $182.00 value
To win, all you have to do is tell me your fitness goals.
For extra entries: Just be sure you tell me you did so.
- Sign up for email/subscribe to Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Follow Peanut Butter and Peppers on Twitter
- Tweet my giveaway: Get in shape and lose weight with My Fit U, Giveaway at Peanut Butter and Peppers http://www.peanutbutterandpeppers.com/?p=14006 @JenatPBandP
I will pick a winner next week Thursday, June 20th, 2013.
“My FitU is perfect for the everyday man or woman who is looking to lead a healthy lifestyle, and unlike other fitness programs, My FitU is simple, affordable, educational and convenient,” said Daniel Meng, creator of My FitU. “The best part is that My FitU is customized for each individual, no matter what your fitness level; and the program will continue to evolve in the future to keep you in the best shape of your life.”
I think it’s pretty cool to have workouts that work for celebrities on and off the road. I almost forgot to tell you, you can check out what Kenny Chesney has to say about My FitU. I also think it’s pretty cool that anyone can do these workouts no matter what shape you are in. Some of the workouts may seem tough, but you will feel great when your done!
Have a great day everyone!
I was given the opportunity to try My Fit U in return to post about it. The opinions I share are my own and I wasn’t paid to try this program.