Do you ever take a look in your fridge and you can never find anything to make a complete meal? You know what I mean? There is just a little of this and a little of that, but not enough of anything to make something? Well today’s recipe kind of falls into that category. It is basically clean out the pantry and fridge and bake something with it! It’s kind of fun doing that. It’s like that show Chopped. You get a basket full of odd things and you have to make something wonderful with it. Well that is what I did, and I came up with these cookies!
When I thought about making these cookies, I thought of my step-daughter Jenny who loves strawberry and white chocolate. I wake in the morning on occasion and find strawberry cupcakes with vanilla frosting on the counters. So I decided to clean up the fridge and make as healthy as I could, some nice, fluffy cake like strawberry cookies.
For the strawberry flavor I used up my Sugar Free Strawberry preserves. For the cake like texture, I used a box of sugar-free Jello Cheesecake instant pudding and since I didn’t have any butter, I used coconut oil with a heaping tablespoon of reduced fat cream cheese. I told you I had a weird combination of goodies, but it all came together in a fabulous cookie. I just know she is going to love them!!
Since I was feeling lazy at this point, I made the cookies bigger than normal. I used an ice cream scoop to measure out my cookies. I got 30 cookies out of the batch. You could make them a tad smaller and you will get about 40 – 50 cookies. These cookies do fluff up quite a bit. They are kind of chewy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside, very much cake-like. I know I said that already, but it is the only description I could think of. The calories are less than I thought they would be, each cookie comes in at 81 calories and only 2.4 grams of sugar! Pretty good for a sweet cookie. The cookies kind of taste like that childhood cereal, Frankin Berry’s. At least that is what they remind me of. Honestly they are not my kind of cookie. I’m not the biggest white chocolate fan, I prefer dark chocolate, but Jenny, she LOVES white chocolate.
A strawberry flavored cake like cookie that is sweet, light and fluffy and chock full of white chocolate chips.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp. cream cheese, reduced fat (room temperature)
- 1 cup NuNaturals Presweet Tagatose or 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup egg substitute or 1 egg
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam, sugar free
- 1oz pkg. Cheesecake flavor Jello Instant Pudding, sugar free
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat; set a side.
- In a large bowl, add coconut oil, cream cheese and sugar; beat until light and creamy. Add egg and beat until combined. Add strawberry jam and beat until combined.
- Add to the bowl, cheesecake pudding, flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; beat until combined.
- Fold in white chocolate chips
- Take a large scoop of batter and place onto prepared baking sheets; about two inches apart. The cookies get puffy.
- Bake in oven for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly brown.
- Let cool on baking sheet, and place on a baking rack to cool completely.
Calories per cookie: 81.9. Fat: 3.1, Sodium: 106, Cholesterol: .03, Potassium: 7.9. Carbs: 16.8, Fiber: .05. Sugar: 2.4, Protein: 1.5
I know these are not the healthiest cookies in the world, but it was fun to make and I can’t wait to see Jenny’s reaction when she gets home from work and finds these cookies on her pillow.
Have a wonderful day everyone. Be sure to get in your fridge, cupboards and pantry and see what kind of fun cookie you can make.