One thing I have fallen in love with this past year is avocados. I love them! I put them on everything! But, the one thing I don’t care for is the calories they have. I can so easily eat a half an avocado, but it’s like a bazillion calories, so I have to learn to limit myself, up until now…
I have come up with a nice lightened up guacamole that is sure to please the pallet and the waistline. It’s creamy, has a little kick of heat and a slight zip of lime, it’s so perfect! It is so good on tacos, salads and dipping my chips in it. I can eat the whole thing and not feel horribly bad, but I will try to save a little bit, at least for a day or two.
My guacamole is made with avocados of course, greek yogurt, tomatoes and some seasoning. I got the idea for this dip from Trader Joe’s. They have a nice greek yogurt and avocado dip, and I love it, but you know what, I love mine more! he he Bonus part is, it’s quick and easy to make and it costs less too!!
- 1 Avocado (84 grams), no seed or skin, diced up and slightly mashed
- ½ tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. onion, chopped
- ½ Jalapeno, seeded and diced small
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, diced small
- Juice of a lime
- ⅔ cup greek yogurt, plain
- ½ tsp. cumin, ground
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground pepper
- 1 plum tomatoe, seeded, diced
- In a bowl add avocado, garlic, onion, jalapeno, cilantro and lime juice.
- Stir in Greek Yogurt, cumin, salt and pepper; mix until combined.
- Fold in tomatoes.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
I am just loving the Mexican food kick I am on. I think I use Cinco de Mayo as an excuse to make more Mexican food then normal but honestly I don’t think I need an excuse, it’s all so good!!!! Yum, yum, yum!!
So what are your favorite Mexican foods?
Have a great day!