Hi Everyone Happy Monday!
Today I have for you a fun smoothie that tastes just like Neapolitan Ice Cream! Yes, please! The best part is besides the yummy flavor is it’s healthy, low in calories and pretty easy to make! Just forgive the photos, it was a bad time of the day to make it!
The hardest part of making the smoothie was making sure you had two reserved glasses so you can make the layers, however it’s not really necessary, if you don’t mind the layers in a different order. I started the bottom layer with chocolate flavor, than strawberry and then topped it with vanilla. It’s creamy smooth and hits the spot.
I started my smoothie with a vanilla base, by adding milk, vanilla protein powder and vanilla extract, gave a blend and poured half of it into a reserved a glass. Then I added my strawberries and a pinch of sugar into the remaining vanilla mix and processed it until creamy smooth. Added half of that mixture into another glass. The final layer is the chocolate, which I added a pinch of water and cocoa powder to the remaining strawberry portion in the blender and processed until smooth.
I poured the chocolate into the bottom of the glass, topped with the strawberries and then vanilla. Turned out perfect. I did have a pinch of vanilla left over and I mixed it in once I drank up some of my smoothie. So good!! The whole recipe for the smoothie comes in at 148 calories and makes approximately 4 cups. You could also share the smoothie, but I didn’t! I can get a little greedy when it comes to something so good!
- 1 cup non-fat milk
- ½ cup ice cubes
- ¼ (1 tbsp.) scoop vanilla protein powder
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup strawberries frozen
- ¼ tsp. stevia
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- To prepare for smoothie, have two glasses that you can easily pour mixture into main cup for serving. I used my pyrex measuring cups.
- To make smoothie, In a blender add milk, ice cubes, vanilla protein powder and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth an creamy. Take half the mixture out, approx. 1 cup and place into one of your reserved cups.
- In the blender add the strawberries and stevia, blend until creamy, pour ½ the mixture into a separate cup.
- In the blender add two tablespoons of water and unsweetened cocoa powder, blend until creamy.
- To put the smoothie together in serving cup, add chocolate mixture to bottom of a glass, the next layer will be the strawberries and top with vanilla mixture.
Since I was away last week in Monterey for work, I thought I would share to pictures from you that I snapped from the balcony of my hotel room. I didn’t get to venture out in Monterey, but at least I got to see some wild life. This picture is of a Sea Otter. He is on his back, swimming in the Bay.
This is a Seal I saw. You heard them everywhere for days, but I finally saw one passing by the hotel. I was so getty and excited!
I got really excited when I saw this Seal swimming near the shore. Snapped on picture and he swam off super fast!
Well my Friends, time to go! Lots to do on this Sunday, mainly chores and to cook up some recipes for you this week!
Have a wonderful week!