Recently I have had the worse craving for pretzels. I love pretzels but I can do without, except the past couple of weeks. I don’t know what it is, but I get on these kicks and I can’t stop! I just love pretzels! Do you ever get cravings like that? Plain pretzels are great but what I love about them is dipping them into things, like peanut butter, chocolate and hummus! Mmmm, hummus! Every week I try to make hummus so I have something healthy to dip my pretzels and vegetables in, and since I’m in a spicy kick too, I came up with the perfect hummus that will satisfy that spicy craving!! This is my Jalapeno and Artichoke Hummus!
This Hummus is soooooooo good! Instead of using a fresh jalapeno, I went all crazy and used pickled jalapeno’s, you know the ones you use for nachos? I love pickled jalapeno’s! I usually go through a jar a week! I top it on tacos, burgers, salads, pizza and more. There is just something about those spicy, salty little slices that I must have in my life. So I thought, why not make hummus with it? So I did and let me tell you, Muah!! I’m doing that Italian kiss with my hands! 🙂
If you’re a nachos jalapeno fan, I’m thinking you will like this hummus. Not only does it have my picked jalapeno slices, but I also added a some canned artichoke hearts to beef it up a little. I’ll be honest, I may have gone a little crazy on the jalapeno’s so I don’t taste the artichokes so much, but honestly I don’t think artichoke hearts in a can have a ton of flavor anyway. But I do think it’s a great addition to the hummus. Like I said it kind of makes it more thick and filling, plus it’s healthy for you, full of good fiber!! We all like our fiber!!
- Serves: 1⅔ Cups (12 two tbsp. servings)
- Serving size: 2 Tablespoons
- 1 15.5 oz. can Garbanzo Beans, drained, rinsed (reserve some of the juice form the can)
- ½ cup artichokes from a can, roughly cut
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 oz pickled jalapeño slices (The ones you use on nachos)
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until all mixed well and a smooth consistency. Add 1 tablespoon of reserved juice at a time if it's hard to mix or it's to thick. I used about ¼ cup of juice.
- To kick it up a notch, you can add some of the juice form the pickled jalapenos. I personally may have added a tad to much in mine, but I love it!!
Man! I wish I had some of this hummus right now, but it didn’t last very long. I guess since I bought another bag of pretzels, I should probably make some more hummus! Yah, that’s what I’ll do. Lucky for me I always keep a jar of pickled jalapeno’s on the shelves. I kind of panic when I don’t have any on hand! Don you have a certain condiment that you can’t live without?
Ok, I’m totally hungry and it’s dinner time here and with all this jalapeno talk, I’m thinking tacos!! Ohhh, maybe vegetarian tacos with this hummus in it! Now that’s a taco!
Have a great day!