This past Sunday it was fend for yourself night since my Husband didn’t want any dinner. I made the mistake of making him bacon, eggs and toast for breakfast and it filled him all day. Yah, I know what your thinking, how can he not be hungry? The thing I didn’t tell you is how much he ate. The man ate 1 pound of bacon, 4 eggs over easy and 5 pieces of toast. I don’t know where he stores it! I don’t know how someone can consume that much food at once. Crazy!! But since he wasn’t hungry I made one of my favorite sandwiches of all times. The Buffalo Chicken Panini. Yummy!!
Oh baby this sandwich is delicious! It’s spicy, cheesy and just oozing with flavor. I simply love it!!! I have to apologize for the photos. The lighting was not great and honestly I was hungry and I just wanted to eat my sandwich! I kind of LOVE sandwiches. Maybe too much!!!
This sandwich is pretty easy to make too! I had some already grilled chicken from Trader Joe’s, added some Franks Hot Sauce, a pinch of mayo and a pinch of Ranch dressing seasoning, mix it all together and you got Buffalo Chicken heaven!!
When I was at Target this weekend I saw that Sargento now has Ultra Thin Pepper Jack Cheese and is only 40 calories for a nice size slice. I was pretty stoked since Pepper Jack is my favorite cheese. I added a slice of cheese to my sandwich. For the bread, I used Sara Lee’s 100% whole grain bread and that is only 45 calories a slice. What is nice, is my Husband who hates wheat bread likes this one, so now I’ll never waste a loaf of bread again. Let me tell ya, I don’t think I could have made this sandwich any healthier, not to mention it was delicious! It was hard to contain myself to one sandwich!
- Serves: 1 Sandiwch
- Serving size: 1 Sandwich
- 2 oz cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 tbsp. Franks Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp fat free mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. ranch dressing seasoning
- 1 slice pepper jack cheese or cheddar (Sargento Ultra Thin)
- 2 slices whole wheat bread (I used Sara Lee 45 calorie wheat bread)
- 10 squirts Butter Spray (I used I Can't Believe it's Not Butter)
- In a bowl add chicken, hot sauce, mayonnaise, ranch seasonings and mix until combined. Place chicken mixture on top of bread and top with cheese and the other slice of bread.
- Place in a panini maker and spray with butter or you can grill the sandwich, by melting 1 tablespoon of butter on a skillet over medium heat. Add the sandwich to the skillet and cook until the bottom is lightly golden then flip the sandwich, can cook until cheese is melted and bread is lightly golden.
I have to tell you, I finally saw the movie Julie and Julia. What a fantastic movie! I can’t believe it has been out since 2009 and I am just watching it now. Meryl Streep was amazing as Julia Child. I didn’t know much about Julia Child but now I can see why she is such a legend. She is such an inspiration to all cooks. If you haven’t seen the movie I highly recommend it if your a food blogger or love to cook. I picked it up on Amazon for $5.00. I just was going to hyper link it to Amazon and it looks like they raised the price to $7.79. Still well worth it.
Well my Friends time to go!
Have a great day!