Today I am honored! I got nominated for the Liebster Award from Kammie of Sensual Appeal. Thanks Kammie! I am tickled pink that you chose me!!
Here’s What You Must Do:
~ Write 11 random facts about yourself.
~ Answer the 11 interview questions you’ve been given by the person who nominated you.
~ Create 11 new questions.
~ Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
~ Go and tell the person who nominated you, along with the people you’ve nominated about your post.
This is hard! I have to post 11 random facts about me. There isn’t much to tell!! But I’ll try!
Here are the random facts:
1. I can type 40 words a minute with just two fingers! When I started a job about 10 years ago, my boss saw me typing and she almost fell over by seeing how fast I could type. She said she has never seen someone type with two fingers that fast before!! Hey what can I say? I have long fingers and the other ones just get in the way!
2. I was in InFisherman Magazine back in my early 20’s for catching a 4′ muskie in Lake Erie! I thought that was pretty cool!!
3. My family moved so much during my high school years that I ended up at three different high schools. I went from a city school, to the suburbs to the country. The city school was my favorite! It was hard because by the time I got to the school in the country, everyone was in clicks so it was hard to make friends.
4. My Husband and I dated for 11 years before we got married! One day out of the blue he said let’s get married. One month later we were married in Lake Tahoe.
5. I’m always cold! No matter how warm it is outside, I’m cold! Makes me wonder why I drink so many frappes and smoothies?
6. My first job was at Mighty Taco. I applied on my 16th birthday and started the next day! I stayed there for over two years! I loved that job and I never got sick of tacos! It’s still my favorite food!!
7. My first car was a Buick Skylark that had a hole in the floor. My father put a street sign under my seat so I wouldn’t fall through the floor. Sometimes if I ran through a puddle my legs would get splashed!
8. I painted my 3rd car myself in my friends driveway! It was an 83 Dodge Charger and I wanted it to be white so I primed it, sanded it and painted with my Friends Spray Gun. It wasn’t pretty, but I did it myself.
9. I’m impatient! I don’t like to wait for anyone and if I can do it myself, I will. Doesn’t matter how hard the task is, I’ll just do it!!
10. I moved across country twice! I moved from Buffalo, NY to Northern California, then about 3 years later I moved back to Buffalo, then I realized I miss California and moved back a 1 1/2 years later. The drive back to California I came with my boyfriend (Husband now), his two kids, a dog, two cats, a hamster and a goldfish! Yes a Goldfish! Goldie was apart of the family, but shortly died after being around for over 7 years. I think it was the different kind of water we have in California!
11. I used to fish all the time in NY and one time, my Husband and I went ice fishing and I caught some crappie and a perch. Instead of putting them back, because I am a firm believer of catch and release, I took them home with me and put them in my fish tank. They lived for years and when I moved to California I released them into our local reservoir
Hmmm, I guess that wasn’t to hard!
Now to answer the 11 questions given to me.
- What was your favorite class in high school? I loved gym, but hated swimming. I hated being wet and cold!!! Plus changing in the gym locker room! Blah!!
- If you could eat anything in the world right now, what would you eat? I would love a big deep dish pizza loaded with lots of veggies and peppers!
- What’s the number 1 place you’d like to visit? Hawaii!! It’s my dream vacation!
- Cats or dogs? Dogs! I love my two bad dogs and I wouldn’t have it any other way!
- Favorite thing to do on a lazy Sunday? Lounge in my PJ’s, and watch Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives!
- Favorite movie of ALL time? Oh my gosh, I don’t have one! It depends on my phase I’m going through. I haven’t seen a movie since Magic Mike!
- Favorite band / music artist during childhood? Bon Jovi! I had a life-size poster of him in my room! He’s still my favorite!! He’s so dreamy!!
- When did you start your journey in the kitchen? About two years ago! I always cooked dinner, but I never cooked like I do now! I love it, and now it’s my passion.
- If you had to eat one dish for the rest of your life, what would you pick? Tacos!! Lots of tacos loaded with jalapenos, hot sauce and greek yogurt!
- What kind of climate do you wish you could live in? A hot , tropical one!
- If you could transform into any animal, what would you pick? A Leopard! There so sleek-looking and fast!!
Now my 11 questions:
- What is your favorite color to wear?
- What kind of food would you love to make that intimidates you?
- What kind of food would you not touch with a 10′ pole?
- If you could have any dream car, what would it be?
- Would you rather be thin or rich?
- What would your dream job be?
- What is your go to meal?
- What is your favorite show on tv?
- What is your favorite flower?
- What is your all time favorite store to shop in?
- What is your favorite season?
I nominated the following blogs:
- Sarah of Baking Serendipity
- Tara with Noshing with the Nolands
- Leah of Food for the Fresh
- Mrs. Big Flavor from Little Kitchen, Big Flavor
- Jen at Juanita’s Cocina
Wow, lots of writing today! Since things were crazy last week, and I didn’t get to do a weekly recap, I thought I would post last weeks posts today from Sunday the 5th, up till Saturday the 12th.
Sunday – Butternut Squush Gnocchi #SundaySupper: I got a lot of comments that my gnocchi was big, and I have to laugh, they are big, but still tasty!! 🙂
Monday – Roasted Butternut Squash and Quinoa Salad with Honey Balsamic Dressing: I had this salad for lunch about 4 times last week! I love it!!! Once you big batch cook, it’s quick and easy to throw together!
Tuesday – Cinnamon and Raisin Granola Cookies: Love these cookies! I took them to work and had them for my 10:00 snack!
Wednesday – Roasted Root Vegetables: I had so many vegetables from the CSA, that I wasn’t sure what to do with them. After realizing they are all root vegetables, I decided to roast them up and this side dish was formed! I made pizza with leftovers and even had a big bowl of the veggies for breakfast!!
Thursday – Breaded Chicken on a Stick: My random appetizer! They were fun to make and who doesn’t like to eat off a stick?
Friday – Banana Pancakes: These are so easy, and I was shocked how good they were. The only thing is they are very delicate, so be careful when you flip them!
Saturday – Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake: These little shortcakes I think are simply adorable! My Husband and I couldn’t believe how good they were!!
Ok, I am off! My two fingers are getting tired of typing and I am sure you want this post to end!! 🙂
Have a great day!!
P.S. Feel free to play along and answer my 11 questions that I have! I’d love to learn more about my readers!