Lets talk about Friends! I have a friend at work and she kept bragging on and on about this fabulous dip she made. It sounded so good, I asked her for the recipe and she told me some of it, but not all of it. She said, I’ll bring some in for you, so you can try it. I waited and waited and she never brought it in. She kept telling me I’ll bring it tomorrow and tomorrow came, no dip!! What the heck!! She did tell me what was in her dip, but never gave me specifics! After a week of wanting to try this brag worthy dip, I gave up on her and decided to take what she told me and make my own version!! Some friend she is, lol just kidding, I love her to death!
This dip is amazing!!! AMAZING!!!! It’s my Artichoke, Jalapeno Ranch Dip. Oh my gosh!! It is brag worthy!!!! It’s made with greek yogurt, cream cheese, mayonnaise, artichokes, jalapeno’s, ranch seasoning and Parmesan cheese!! You bake it and it is warm, creamy, cheesy and dam it’s good!!! Yes it’s swear worthy!!
My friend told me she used marinated artichokes for the recipe, but I only had plain canned. So I decided for seasoning to use a Hidden Valley Ranch packet, which flavored it perfect. I added pickled jalapenos and for an extra kick of heat, I used some of the juice from the jalapenos. Oh my gosh, I’m in pepper heaven.
I will tell you if you’re not a fan of artichokes, I still think you will like this recipe. I don’t really notice to much of a flavor, but rather the texture and heartiness of the dip. The dip only takes a few minutes to put together and then you bake it for 30 minutes until it’s all hot and bubbly. This would be so perfect to serve at a holiday party or next months Super Bowl. Is the Super Bowl in January or February? Sorry, I haven’t followed this year.
A hot, creamy, cheesy, spicy dip made with artichokes, jalapenos, cream cheese and ranch seasoning.
- 1 cup greek yogurt, plain
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, reduced fat
- 4 oz cream cheese, fat free, room temperature
- 2 tbsp. ranch seasoning (I used Hidden Valley)
- 1 14oz can artichokes, drained, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup jalapenos, pickled, drained, sliced
- 2 tbsp. jalapeno juice from the jar (to taste)
- 2 tsp Parmesan cheese, reduced fat, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Spray an oven safe baking dish with cooking spray
- In a bowl mix together yogurt, mayonnaise, cream cheese and ranch seasoning, until incorporated. Stir in Artichokes and jalapenos. Add juice from jalapenos, to taste, add more for a spicy dip. Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
I didn't measure how much of an end result I got. It makes approximately 6 - 8 cups. I did my calculations for 6 servings.
Calories per 1/2 cup: 80, Fat: .02, Cholesterol: 3.8, Sodium: 645, Potassium: 45, Carbs: 9.7, Fiber: 1.7, Sugar: 1.3, Protein: 7.5
Well my Peeps, time to go and whip up my dinner!! It’s another fend for yourself night, since my Husband abandon me for his friends! :( I’m thinking of a chicken wrap with the Artichoke and Jalapeno Ranch Dip on it!! I bet that would be sooooooo good!
Have a great day!!
P.S. Don’t forget to enter my giveaway for NuNaturals Baking Set.