I hope I am not over killing the pumpkin lately, but I have lots of leftovers and I need to use it up and what better way to use pumpkin then to make light, fluffy, healthy pumpkin pancakes?
I made these pancakes Saturday morning for Little Jenny and I. I figured it’s been a while since I made pancakes and I know how much Little Jenny loves pumpkin. Here reaction? Oh man, these are good! She devoured them in no time!! By the time I was done taking pictures, her pancakes were gone. I got the idea for these pancakes from my original whole wheat pumpkin pancakes that I posted my first week of blogging. Looking back, what horrible pictures I took! Eck! I’m surprise anyone visited my blog. 🙂
The best way to describe these pancakes is like pumpkin pie. There creamy, moist, light and very filling!!! This batch made 6 pancakes and the calories for 3 of them is only 157 calories!! You can’t go wrong with those calories!! Mmmm, pumpkin! I am so loving it right now! I need to get out of the fall mode since it is still summer!!
Don’t the pancakes look so much better dressed up and drenched in sweet maple syrup and topped with a little dollop of whip cream? Oh yah Baby!! Muah!!
- ½ cup pumpkin, canned, not pie filling
- ¼ cup coconut milk, unsweetend
- 2 egg whites
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup white whole-wheat flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. pumpkin spice, ground
- ½ tsp stevia or sugar
- 1 dash salt
- Mix coconut milk, pumpkin, egg whites & vanilla extract into a small bowl
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, sugar, salt and pumpkin spice.
- Combine and whisk till evenly mixed
- Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat and add ¼-cup batter onto skillet and cook till bubbles start appearing through the top of the pancake and then flip.
- About 2 minutes on each side
After looking at these photos and thinking about my pancakes I think I need to make more. Since I don’t have time in the morning to make pancakes, I’m thinking one night for dinner! I love eating breakfast at dinner. I have to say breakfast is probably my favorite meal! I love it! So many variations of dishes you can make. What is your favorite meal?
Well my Friends, while it is still light out I need to go pick some tomatoes from the garden. I saw a bean stalk peaking through my tomatoes. I didn’t plant beans this year, it must be from last year? Now time to go and investigate!
Have a great day!