Hi Everyone and Happy Friday!
Today I am so excited we have our work BBQ which mean I get to leave work early and go and chill with my feet in my boss’s pool and eat great food!! What an awesome way to end a work week!! This week has been pretty good! I got my CSA package and it was filled with Jennifer goodies! I got a lot of sweet potatoes, avocados, lemons, a huge cantaloupe, lettuce, peaches and peppers. There is nothing in my CSA that I don’t like! I love when that happens. I also did day two of my Charlean Extreme workout and today I am feeling it. I went heavier with the weights and I’m lucky I can even lift my arms to type this. Thats a great feeling too! Sounds weird huh?
Today I have for you a different spin on hamburgers. I have for you my Taco Burger!
This burger really tasted like a taco! I love my Mexican food and this burger satisfied my taco craving. I made my hamburger patty with taco seasoning, salsa and an egg. That’s all! I served these bad boys on Thomas’s Light Whole Wheat English Muffins, which were only 100 calories and 8 grams of fiber!
I topped my burger with Trader Joe’s Queso Cheese Dip, which you’ll find on my Trader Joe’s page, #9 on my favorites! I also used Trader Joe’s Salsa Verde and topped with pickled jalapenos. The whole burger including sauces and English Muffin was only, ready for this? Only 263 calories! Not bad for a 1/4lbs. burger with cheese, bun and salsa. I include that in my recipe for you. If you haven’t tried TJ’s Queso Cheese Dip, you should. I love the stuff and it’s only 15 calories for 2 tablespoons. Not sure how they did it, but that is what the jar says.
I really love the different twists you can make to burgers. I get so bored with traditional hamburgers and it’s so much fun trying to come up with new creations. If you’re a taco fan, then this is the burger for you. My Husband who likes regular old burgers really enjoyed these. I had a couple of leftovers and took one to work for my friend and she said that they were really good. Yah! Two people liked them, and I did to of course, otherwise I wouldn’t share them with you.
- Serves: 4 Burgers
- Serving size: 1 Burger
- 1 lbs lean ground beef (96/4)
- ¼ cup egg substitute or 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. salsa, not chunky
- 4 whole wheat English muffins or hamburger buns
- 4 Tbsp. Con Queso Cheese or Nacho Cheese
- 4 Tbsp salsa (your favorite)
- 12 jalapeno slices, jarred, pickled
- Preheat grill on medium heat
- In a bowl, add ground beef, egg, taco seasoning and salsa. Mix together until combined.
- Divide the ground beef mixture into 4 equal pieces and form into a patty. Place on grill and cook until done. About 5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile; split your English Muffins and place on the top part of the grill and cook until lightly toasted, about 1 minute.
- Place Hamburger onto English Muffin and top each burger with 1 tablespoon of Cheese, 1 tablespoon of salsa and jalapenos.
- Serve immediately
Time for me to go! I have a little baking that I have to do and I’m debating if I should go to the store. I’m out of plain greek yogurt and that is a staple in my house I must have!!!
Have a great weekend!!