Were almost to Friday, Woohoo!! On Wednesday for a split second I thought it was Thursday and was so thrilled to think tomorrow was Friday, then I realized it’s only Wednesday. I hate when that kind of thing happens, don’t you? Then last Firday I set my alarm for 3:30 am to go to work. It was Saturday, I don’t work Saturday, what the heck. I was happy to realize I can go back to sleep. My main part of my job is scheduling 6 months in advance and I try to blog in advance when there are vacations ect… so time for me does go fast, but sometimes I just mess up the days. Ok, I see I am totally rambling. Time for today’s recipe.
This was my first week back from Europe and I was craving vegetables. I spent my morning eating Muesli and yogurt and lots of pastries when I was away. So this was a wonderful treat for me to make. It’s so full of flavor and loaded with lots and lots of vegetables. I decided since it was so nice out I would eat my breakfast outside.
I served it with a side of berries with greek yogurt. You know I must have my yogurt everyday. It was a filling breakfast that kept me going all morning. The calories for my whole breakfast including, yogurt and a cup of coffee was just at 200 calories. Not to shabby. I was saving my calories for my date night, which I had a fat chicken BBQ sandwich.
This was pretty quick to throw together. All I did was saute my vegetables for about 5 minutes. Placed the vegetables in an oven safe dish, threw in some fresh tomatoes and egg and baked it on 350 for about 35 minutes. While that was baking I took a quick shower. No wasting weekend time for me. I need to get ready to go to the Farmers Market. Here is a picture of it fresh out of the oven. Sorry for the pink tone, it’s my bathrobe reflecting.
One thing you need to do, for sure is to spray the baking dish with cooking spray. I forgot once and it stuck like glue. When you spray it, it pops right out of the bowl.
Healthy baked eggs filled with fresh seasonal vegetables.
- 1/4 cup zucchini, diced small
- 2 Tbsp. sweet bell pepper, diced small
- 2 Tbsp. onion, diced small
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. spinach, fresh, stem removed, sliced small
- 3 tbsp. tomato, seeded, sliced small
- 1/2 cup egg substitute or real egg
- 1/2 Tbsp. non fat milk
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash salt
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray cooking spray in a small skillet. Add zucchini, bell pepper, onion and garlic. Saute for about 3 minutes until vegetables soften a bit.
- Spray a 10 oz oven safe dish with cooking spray. Add the sauted vegetables, tomatoes and spinach.
- In a bowl add the egg substitute, milk, salt & pepper. Whisk together until combined. Pour over the vegetable mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 30 - 35 minutes or until top of the egg is slightly firm.
Calories: 127.8, Fat: .08, Cholesterol: .01, Sodium: 327, Potassium: 1302.3, Carbs: 13, Fiber: 5.2, Sugar: 1.7, Protein: 17.6
After looking at this recipe today, I think I’m going to make this for my breakfast tomorrow. I need to make something yummy, since sadly I am out of greek yogurt. Oh the horror!
Well, time for evening clean up and I want to bounce on my Bosu Ball before I hit the sack. Have a wonderful day and sorry for the rambling, I tend to do that a lot.
P.S. Here is a picture of the inside of the Veggie Bake.