You know how much I LOVE Peanut Butter, this is one of my favorite Nut Butters. I love the added addtion of raisins and the extra cinnamon. It goes great on Cinnamon Toast! I got this recipe from Healthy Food For Living! http://www.healthyfoodforliving.com/?p=22376 Lauren has a lot of great recipes, you should check it out!
I made this recipe last week, and I already ate the whole jar. It’s so good! I put it on my yogurt and ice cream this week, and I’ll admit I had a couple mouth fulls. It’s so dam good and so easy to make!
Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter – Adapted from Healthy Food For Living
yield: about 1 cup (eight 2 Tbsp servings)
- 1 1/2 cups roasted, unsalted peanuts, preferably organic
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp evaporated cane juice (I used granulated sugar)
- 1 1/2 tsp canola oil, divided (I omitted this, since Zack processed this to a drippy form)
- 1/4 cup raisins, preferably organic
- Place peanuts into the bowl of a food processor. Process until peanuts break down into a paste and a ball forms, scraping down the sides as necessary, about 5 minutes.
- With the motor running, stream in 1 tsp oil and process until a smooth butter forms.
- Add in the cinnamon, salt, and evaporated cane juice and puree until well-combined. Stream in the remaining 1/2 tsp canola oil if needed. Remove blade from food processor bowl and stir in the raisins by hand.
Nutrition Information per 2 Tbsp serving:
158.6 calories, 12.1 grams fat, 1.6 grams saturated fat, 9.9 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams fiber, 5 grams sugars, 5.5 grams protein
Give this a try you won’t be disappointed, I promised!
Look how drippy, so dam good!
Use it to dip apples, put on oatmeal, make cookies, oh the possibilities are endless!
I am so sad that I’m out, I need to make more pronto!
Have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend!!!!