I first must apologize. My dog ate my “O” from my keyboard on my laptop and broke my “P” key, so during my typing I may miss an O and a P. I turned around for a few minutes and he got mad at me. Don’t ever make a dog mad!! I wonder how I can replace those keys? Has that ever happened to you? See my bad dog!
Well, I am deciding on what apple dish I should show you? One I ate and was delish and the other is cooling on the rack. I am very excited for the one on the rack. It would go so perfect with a Sunday Brunch. Maybe I should go finish it and take my pictures, so I can show you? However the lighting is horrible right now. The sun is going down and it’s cloudy. We had some wicked rain today in the Bay Area. There’s even snow in the Sierra Mountains. Glad I went apple picking on Sunday, when it was 70 degrees. Weird weather!
Ok, I’m to excited, here it is! You like?
This is so good, you know you want the recipe. Look how happy they look! Think how happy you’ll be with them in your belly!
First let me show you those juicy apples and raisins.
I made three, mini loafs with 3 different toppings. Pecan Strudel. A good fat! 😉
Apple Cider Glaze, so sweet
Last but not least, Oatmeal Strudel. It’s healthy, it has oatmeal.
I just couldn’t decide on what topping for one loaf of bread, so why not make 3?
Apple Raisin Loaf
Makes 3 mini loafs or one big loaf
1 Cup Greek Non Fat Plain Yogurt
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
2 eggs or egg substitute
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 Cup of Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
1 Cup all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup of raisins
2 Medium Apples – peeled, cored and diced (Tossed in 1/2 Tbsp. of sugar, 1/2 Tbsp. of cinnamon and 1/2 tsp of lemon juice)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350° and toss apples in a 1/2 Tbsp. of sugar, 1/2 Tbsp. of cinnamon and 1/2 tsp of lemon juice, mix and set aside.
- 2. Beat yogurt and next 3 ingredients, until blended
- 3. Stir together flour and remaining ingredients (but apple and raisins). Add to yogurt mixture, beating just until blended. Stir in apples and 1/2 cup raisins. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 9- x 5-inch loaf pan or 3 mini loafs.
- Add your toppings (See below)
- 4. Bake for 50minutes to 1 hour for 1 large loaf or 35 – 40 minutes for 3 mini loafs, or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean, shielding with aluminum foil after 50 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Then eat!!!!